Thursday, November 24, 2011

Why is the movie called the karate kid if he's actually doing kungfu?

They are trying to milk the old Karate Kid franchise, it wouldnt sound as great if it were the Kung-Fu Kid, and people would not associate it to the older movies; however, with that title. they are hoping fans of the older versions wiol flock to the theatres.





Although they do clarify it up in the movie, when the mom says karate the osn goes, its not karate mom its kung fu. Jackie Chan mentions its Kung- Fu as well.Like I mentioned previously, it is done so people familiar with the other Karate Kids associate with this one as well.|||I'm sure they use it to be associated with the old classic film.





But I saw it as in China, where all the kids know kung fu; he was the Karate Kid. So the title works for me. I think it gives a different meaning to the same title.|||Kungfu and Karate traditionally come from the same origin so that could be a part pf it. Im not 100% sure but in the original i think it was actually karate. I hoped that helped|||It was originally called "The Kung Fu Kid", but they changed it for marketing reasons. And what's with the thumbs down? It's true. Some countries even kept the title.|||I agree with Zakman but yeah, I noticed that from the start too. Little inaccuracies like that annoy me.|||Becuase there are some very dumb people running film studios.|||It's because the movie is a remake of the 1980s film with Ralph Macchio|||because of the name: Kungfu kid is like Kungfucked, so Karate Kid :)|||To try and market off the old 1980s flick.|||maybe because they lack common sense


or they think we're dumb

No comments:

Post a Comment