Thursday, November 24, 2011

Is it too late to become good at KungFu when you're twenty?

I'm 15. I'd love to do it, but... no-where around here teaches it. I know when I go to uni I'll be around dojo's that teach KungFu, but... Yeah. Right now. I can't


I've achieved my black belt in shotokan karate, but.... I moved and don't train anymore.


So.


Is it too late when I leave school?


Thanks


Noobman|||As long as you have a pulse and can still move its not too late, my oldest student started when she was in her mid 60's.|||Never is too late .


You have good base for Kung Fu ( Wu Shu) .


Kung Fu is an art , you may paint pictures and will be kung fu , can dance and that will be kung fu also .


Martial art is Wu Shu :))


You know most basic moves needed for Wu Shu , You will learn a lot of new moves , punches , blocks , kicks , etc .


I would love to practice Wu Shu , unfortunately there no Wu Shu school around my home town .|||Jessica: shut up!! I wanna say so many bad things to you xD but lets keep it nice :)





Noobman: It's never too late !! Kung Fu is a way of life and everybody can learn it.. even a 78 year old man / woman...


I've seen so many old people who are doing kung fu... it's never too late ;)





xxx|||No. You will still need some body conditioning, specifically lower body.





Also, have you asked around the Chinese medicine practitioners in your nearest China town? A lot of kung fu places are unlisted or with only local advertisements in around China town.|||It's only too late when you're dead (which, the last time I checked, you're not).





Go for it. 20 is a very good age to start (I didn't start martial arts until I was almost 30 - believe me, I wish I'd started when I was 20!).|||No it's not too late. 20 is still young. I've seen people start in their 40s and get very good.|||I'm 24 and jsut started. Most in my class are over 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment